Dr. Alvin Lai received his bachelor B. Eng. in Building Services Engineering from Hong Kong Polytechnic University and his MPhil. from Hong Kong University. He obtained his Ph.D. from Imperial College. He spent three years working as a post-doctorate fellow in University of California, Berkeley before joining Nanyang Technology University, Singapore in December 2000. He is a Associate Professor of Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering since February, 2007. His main research areas are air quality with the emphasis on airborne particles, exposure, aerosol science and technology and filtration technology.
- BC3631: Building Services
- BC3631F: Building Services
- BC3722: HVAC Engineering
- CA3631: Building Services
- CA3691: Building Services for Surveyors
- CA3722: HVAC Engineering
- CA4728: Air Quality and Ventilation
- CA5601: Building Engineering Systems and Maintenance
- CA6237: Indoor Air Quality
- CA6606: Applied HVAC Engineering
- CA6606D: Advanced HVAC Engineering
- CA8606D: Advanced HVAC Engineering
Aerosol Dynamics. Bioaerosols Control. Computational Fluid Dynamics for Air Quality Modelling. Engineering Control for Indoor Air Pollutants. Environmental Health.