I am from Taiwan and joined City University of Hong Kong in August 2016 as Assistant Professor. A theoretical linguist by training, I have mainly worked on the syntax and semantics of quantification in Mandarin and am particularly interested in the meaning of non-interrogative wh-phrases, quantifiers and quantificational particles. At CityU I have offered courses at all levels from undergraduate to PhD.
My full CV can be downloaded here.
- College Fellow, Department of Linguistics, Harvard University (2015-16)
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, Harvard University (2015)
- M.A. in Linguistics, National Tsing Hua University (2009)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, National Chung Cheng University (2006)
- Formal syntax & semantics (wh-phrases, quantificational expressions, indefinites, polarity items, focus)
- Experimental semantics (scope interpretation)