Dr. Chaoqiang Jiang is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Member of State Key Laboratory of Terahertz and Millimeter Waves, Member of Clare Hall, University of Cambridge, Member of Hong Kong Institute for Clean Energ at City University of Hong Kong since June 2021. He was a Postdoctoral Research Associate at University of Cambridge in Dr. Teng Long’s group from 2019 to 2021. Also, he is affiliated with Clare Hall Cambridge since 2021. He received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from The University of Hong Kong in 2019, supervised by Prof. K.T. Chau and Prof. C.C. Chan. In 2019, he was a Visiting Researcher at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He received his B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees both in Electrical Engineering and Automation from Wuhan University, in 2012 and 2015, respectively. His research interests include power electronics, wireless power transfer techniques, electric machines and drives, and electric vehicle (EV) technologies. Dr. Jiang is currently an Associate Editor of IET Renewable Power Generation, Guest Editor of IEEE Open Journal of Vehicular Technology. He has been rewarded with the First Prize in the Interdisciplinary Research Competition at the University of Hong Kong, and the Winner, CAPE Acorn Blue Sky Research Award at University of Cambridge.
Dr. Jiang is currently leading a research team at CityU - Lab for Advanced Power Electronics (LAPE), which mainly focuses on Electrical Energy and Power Conversion, and aims for a more energy-saving and green world. We are exploring new topologies, switching methods, materials, and systems to serve with more intelligent and efficient power generation, transmission, and conversion. We are continuously contributing to Sustainable & Renewable Energy, Transport Electrification, and Data Computing applications.
Our research group mainly focuses on the Electrical Energy and Power Conversion, and aims for a more energy save and green world. We are exploring new topologies, switching methods, materials, and systems to serve with more intelligent and efficient power generation, transmission, and conversion. We are continuously contributing to Sustainable & Renewable Energy, Transport Electrification, and Data Computing applications.
- Power Converters: High power DC/AC converter, DC/DC converter, Bidirectional grid-tied inverter, Magnetics design and integration, SiC and GaN devices.
- Electric Vehicle Technologies: Electric vehicle (EV) on-board charger, Electric motor drive, Wireless EV charger, Traction inverter, Enhanced energy management.
- Wireless Power Transfer: Inductive power transfer (IPT), Nanocrystalline ribbon for ferrite-free IPT, Thermal and reliability analysis, Compensation and converter design, Wireless motor drive.
- Magnetics Design for Converter: Transformer and inductor design, Magnetic core optimization, Electromagnetic shielding, Loss analysis, Nanocrystalline powder and flake ribbon.
Editor or Editorial Membership
- Jun 2021 - Now, Associate Editor , IET Renewable Power Generation. UK.
- Jun 2021 - Now, Guest Editor , IEEE Open Journal of Vehicular Technology.
- Dec 2021 - Now, Associate Editor, Green Energy and Intelligent Transportation, Elsevier.
- Jun 2021 - Now, Guest Editor, Energies, MDPI.
- Jun 2021 - Oct 2021, Session Chair, IEEE Annual Conference of Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2021).
- Feb 2021 - May 2021, Session Chair, IEEE International Conference of Industrial Engineering and Applications (ICIEA 2021).
- Jan 2021 - May 2021, Session Chair, IEEE International Magnetic Conference (INTERMAG2021).
- Dec 2020 - Mar 2021, Session Chair, IEEE 30th International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE2021).
- Apr 2020 - Jun 2020, Session Chair, IEEE Annual Conference of Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2020).
- Jan 2019 - Apr 2019, Session Chair, S8. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT2019).
- 2022 “Stanford's top 2% most highly cited scientists 2022” Stanford University.
- 2021 “Recognition Award to Special Session Chair” IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
- 2020 “Winner, CAPE Acorn Blue Sky Research Award” University of Cambridge.
- 2018 “First Prize in the Interdisciplinary Research Competition” The University of Hong Kong.
- 2016 “Certificate of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education” The University of Hong Kong.