Prof. SHEK Chan Hung (石燦鴻)
BSc(Eng) PhD University of Hong Kong
- Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Director (EDGE), Office of Education Development and Gateway Education
- Acting Head (MSE), Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Phase transformation in metallic materials
- Nanostructured materials
- Bulk metallic glasses
Services in CityU
- Appointed Member, Knowledge Transfer Committee and Patent Working Group, 17 July 2014 – 30 June 2016.
- Member, GE Programme JSSCC (appointed by EDGE Director), April 2015 – March 2017.
Services outside CityU
- Affiliate member, The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, Hong Kong, P R China, 2002 – present.
- Associate Member (AMIMechE), The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, UK, 2000 – present.
- Expert assessor, High international standing, ARC Discovery Projects and Linkage Projects, Australian Research Council, Australia, 2006 – present.
- Member, American Chemical Society, USA, July 2015 – June 2018.
- Member, Task Force on Gemstone Testing, Hong Kong Accreditation Service, Innovation and Technology Commission, Hong Kong, P R China, January 2014 – June 2016.
- Reviewer, Applied Physics Letters, USA, 2006 – present.
- Reviewer, Composites Science and Technology, USA, 2007 – present.
- Reviewer, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, USA.
- Reviewer, Journal of Applied Physics, USA, 2003 – present.
- Reviewer, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, USA, 2006 – present.
- Reviewer, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, USA, 2006 – present.
- Reviewer, Journal of Non-crystalline Solids, USA, 2004 – present.
- Reviewer, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, USA, 2001 – present.
- Reviewer, Materials Chemistry & Physics, USA, 2001 – present.
- Reviewer, Nature Communications.
- Reviewer, Research proposal to National Science Center, Poland, 2016 – present.
- Reviewer, Research proposal to National Science Council, Taiwan, 2004 – present.
- Reviewer, Research proposal to the National Research Foundation of Korea, 2016 – present.
- Technical Advisor, Asia Pacific Gemologist Society, 1 September 2014 – 31 August 2015.