Prof. LIU Chain Tsuan (劉錦川)
Univ Distinguished Professor | Senior Fellow
- Physical metallurgy and mechanical behaviour of metals, alloys, nanostructure materials, intermetallic compounds and bulk amorphous alloys
- Microstructure and phase transformation
- Alloy design of high-temperature structural materials, precious metal alloys, Ti-base alloys, metal-matrix composites
- Innovative material processing
- 1960 BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering,National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- 1964 MS Degree in Engineering and Materials Science, MS Degree in Engineering and Materials Science
- 1967 PhD Degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- 2009 - 2011, Chair Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.
- 2009 - 2011, Distinguished Professor, Materials Engineering, Auburn University, USA.
- 2008 - Now, Adjunct Professor, Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Japan.
- 2006 - 2008, Professor and Distinguished Research Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Tennessee, USA.
- 2005 - 2006, Distinguished Research Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Tennessee, USA.
- 1997 - 2005, Senior Corporate Fellow, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Lockheed Martin Energy Research Corporation, USA.
- 1985 - 1997, Corporate Fellow, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Martin Marietta Energy Systems, Inc., USA.
- 1983 - 2005, Group Leader, Alloying Behavior and Design Group, Metals and Ceramics Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA.
- 1967 - 1983, Research Staff Member / Senior Research Staff Member, Metals and Ceramics Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA.
- 2015 “Appointed as a member ”Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) Selection Panels.
- Nov 2015 “elected as 臺灣大學2015年學術類傑出校友”台湾大学傑出校友遴選委員會. National Taiwan University.
- Sep 2015 “跨越發展專家顧問”泰安國家高新區.
- 2015 “Identified as No. 4 among the 30 highly cited papers ”published in Journal of Applied Physics. "Effect of valence electron concentration on stability of fcc or bcc phase in high entropy alloys” by Sheng Guo, Chun Ng, Jian Lu, C. T. Liu (J. Appl. Phys. 109, 103505, 2011)).
- Jan 2015 “Reappointed as Distinguished Chair Professor ”Research at National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Nov 2014 “Honorary Professor”Xiamen University.
- Nov 2014 “Honorary Professor”Chongqing University.
- Jul 2014 “Elected as a member ”Academia Sinica Taiwan.
- Oct 2013 “Engineering Panel Member ”Hong Kong Research Grant Council, Hong Kong.
- Sep 2013 “Appointed as Adjunct Senior Researcher”Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology and Engineering, CAS, Ningbo, China.
- Jun 2013 “The keynote speaker”Sponsored by Scientific and Technological Department,Yunnan Province, China. For the Yunnan Scientific Forum (one speaker per month) in Celebration of 70th Anniversary of the National West-Southern United University, (西南联大).
Editor or Editorial Membership
- Jan 2015 “Appointed as the Editorial Board Member ”Progress in Natural Science: Materials International.
- Jan 2015 “Appointed as an editorial board member ”Engineering Journal, published by Chinese Academy of Engineering.