Dr. Alan Gerard MCELLIGOTT
Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, and Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy. 2011. Queen Mary University of London.
PhD. Zoology. 1998. University College Dublin
BSc. Zoology. 1992. University College Cork.
- Associate Professor, Department of Infectious Diseases and Public Health
- How Livestock Perceive and Communicate with People
- Expression and Perception of Animal Emotions
- Use of Vocalisations in Precision Livestock Farming
- Mother-Offspring relations in Livestock
- Domestic Animal Welfare, e.g. dogs and cats
- Public Attitudes to Animal Welfare and Sentience
Editor or Editorial Membership
Currently co-editing a special volume of Frontiers in Veterinary Science on “Animal Welfare Assessment”.
Editor: Frontiers in Veterinary Science, Research Ethics.
Editorial Board Member: Animal Sentience
Editor: Animal Behaviour (2014-2017).
Membership of Professional Bodies
Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour (ASAB). Member of ASAB Education Committee.
Universities Federation for Animal Welfare (UFAW).
International Society for Applied Ethology (ISAE).
Services outside CityU
Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour (ASAB), Member of Education Committee.
Buttercups Sanctuary for Goats, Board of Trustees.
Compassion in World Farming (CIWF), Visionary. https://www.ciwf.org.uk/about-us/visionaries/academia/dr-alan-mcelligott/
Marianne Mason (University of Roehampton, UK; 2019 - present, co-supervised by Prof. Stuart Semple, University of Roehampton).
Title: Goat perceptions of humans
Most recent media and press releases: