Saurabh Vij is a passionate individual with dreams of a just and equitable society and a sustainable future for all. He lives in Hong Kong with his wife and beautiful, young daughter. Currently, he is conducting research as a PhD student in sustainability stream at the School of Energy and Environment, City University of Hong Kong. His current PhD project is focused on the study and development of non-monetary financial integration of environment and social impact topics for business entities.
He also works as a Senior Consultant at a firm in Hong Kong. He specializes in consulting on Engineering design, Manufacturing, Compliance and Quality matters with more than 15 years industry experience. He has an engineering background and MBA in Operations & Marketing from The University of Hong Kong. He holds certifications in Supply Chain, Data Science and Lean Six Sigma Operations.
Saurabh's research agenda aims to help businesses connect with sustainability science and in the due process help them take a transformative role in fighting the global challenges of sustainable development. To achieve this goal, he is engaged in a challenging multidisciplinary research effort to develop an "Accounting System for Sustainable Development". He is open to collaborate with researchers from different disciplines on the following topics related to sustainability and its governance:
- Sustainability Accounting and Management
- Social and Environmental Impact valuation and assessment techniques
- Sustainable Development Goals, indicators and targets at multiple scales
- Governmentality, Poly-scalar governance approaches
- Social and Environmental Regulations and Audits
- Technologies for transparency and sustainability performance monitoring (i.e. Blockchain, DLT)